Time after Time


No matter what may come, no matter what happens between us you will find me standing where you left me time after time. Accidents may befall, the world as we know it may cease to be, you and I, in the form that we are now, may not continue to be, yet my soul, the I that is in me, the very essence of what makes me unique and separates me from the rest of the creation, will be where you left, sitting and waiting for you, time after after. In the eternity that may cross between now and then, in the chasm of emptiness of space that is an abominal abyss, I will be leaning against the nothingness till you come for me time after time. In the hollowness of loneliness, in the death of night, in the darkness just before dawn, in the blinding sunlight of the desert red sun, in the midst of the angry seas, between the bosom of high mountains, in the laps of soft valleys and the navels of pagan gods, you will find me praying for you like always, time after time.

Comments