I wish I had a Magic Lantern!


Since genies are always male and with their true male chauvinistic attitude only allow you 3 wishes I wish I had a magic lantern of 'One thousand and one nights' which could be used an infinite number of times to grant me all I ever desired.... sounds almost too good to be true but then who can stop me form hoping and miracles are known to happen. So genies move over the magic lantern is here!

Now for the wishes... lets see, what is it that I really want? (again that in itself is a mystery of mysteries) Now spare me the lecture in advance for I am going to be wanting things for myself and not the poor, the under dogs, I don't want to have a holier than thou attitude because I simply can't hack it. Please no talk here of saving the world and being generous and charitable and all those high flown statements of I will do this and that - for I am one selfish woman, and of course myopic and quiet narcissistic.

On my priority list is:

Pleasant temperatures for my house and wherever I move in Karachi, it may be 40 degrees Celsius, smouldering and muggy, sticky and sweaty but a lovely cloud cover must drape my home, my car and me at all times, pleasant fragrant breeze reminiscent of moonlit nights evoking romance and splendour should always enfold me, and I may never again even for the slightest minute suffer the agonies of hell and load shedding.

I get up one morning and I find myself 20 pounds lighter, with a toned to die for body and a penchant for eating healthy, with no taste for sweets, carbs, soda and all things bad for you. (And make that 4 inches taller)

I want my own personal customized flying carpet to take me to the ends of the world and back!! go to hell - visa issues, immigration and security lines and certainly plane travel! No more getting tickets made, no more paying for visas and filling out umpteen forms which they flick out of the application by a wave of hand. My carpet ought to be like the cabin of first class 380 Boeing for I can't be exposed to elements.

Now comes the places I would love to go first - Egypt to see the pyramids, the Nile and Kilimanjaro, and certainly Cape Town. Then comes Latin america - Rio De Janeiro, the Amazon jungle though all the creepy crawlies need to be away from me (part and parcel of the wish system) Zanzibar and since I love art then all the sights of Europe.

Since it might get lonely so I would like to have friend for the trip, either male or female, as long as he is not irritating and full of himself. But, since by heart I am a loner I must have the privilege, of course the courtesy of the lamp, to make him disappear as and when desired.

I want a complete and perfect maid, make that slave, who keeps the house immaculate, cooks to perfection, is a perfect waitress, and does all jobs to without ever making a face.

Then comes an uncountable number of beautiful clothes to dress and swathe the lithe body (which I will be having) designed by the most brilliant designers only for me. I want endless pairs of shoes, handbags, watches, massive amount of jewellery, and lovely under garments.

I'd want all the nasty people in my life to take a really back seat and altogether go away from my life, like they never were a part of it, hell, why not turn the clock back and make myself younger with a full life ahead of me.

But there are things I'd still want to keep, like my friends and my baby all the same!!!!




Comments