Man-Hater?




What's a poor innocent woman to do? You write a few lines about men and they call you a man hater! How in the world does one become labelled a male basher by saying the evident and incontrovertible truth? The injustice of it all!!

Who says I hate men? of course not, in fact some of my very favourite characters have been and are from the prestigious male gender (not necessarily from the homo sapiens species though), take for instance, man's best friend, dogs - the loyalty, the sheer devotion they show, the obedience - why would anyone hate that. I heartily agree with the Bard when he so eloquently have a woman say 'I'd rather have a dog bark at me than man say he loves me'. Need I say more?


Then, there is the huge issue of men thinking, and, hello very mistakenly believing they know more, better, truer, larger, and more important things in life than women Ufff! that is so irritating! if they know how something works (which works just as well without knowing how it works) what's the bloody point? I'm talking cars, phones, TVs and other smart gadgets, guys, you know they are called smart for a reason.


The other thing that totally baffles me about men is that the majority of them hardly ever does any serious reading!! Time magazine and articles in Playboy don't count boys, they just don't. So what is it about men and books, are they intimidated of words, of lofty thoughts and ideas, do they feel that beyond the plausible there lies another world that is so beyond them that it scares them? Anything to do with metaphysics and intangibles and other-worldly is so alien to these brutes that it can exasperate a person no end.


And, hello, what about 'boy-toys'? those cross the boundaries of good taste as far as I am concerned, the flashy cars, the multiple phones, the complicated computers, the surround system and now designer clothing! I mean I appreciate a man with stuff but this is stretching it a bit too far, talk about personal and emotional baggage that a metro-sexual man carries with him these days, and women seem like the Amazons of the jungle in contrast.


Then we have the alpha male who is angry with the world and wants any small pretext to pick up a fight usually with a puny opponent, he is what we call a classic bully. What's his issue? can a male elaborate please?


One thing I have noticed about men is they don't like others disagreeing much with their ideas and opinions, they are ready to jump at you for defending their beliefs, why so touchy? So the best course is to keep agreeing with them, you know to keep them pacified is what I'd advise for who needs trouble and that too of the man kind?

Comments