Journal entry No.13, 09/Mar/2012




My days are now given to classical music. I have had a liking for english classical music from my college years (and believe it or not I have Mozart CDs from that time!) but, in these past days I have developed an uncanny passion for just getting to know about the differences of music amongst the great composers and to really get acquainted with their beautiful compositions... What got me going is Vikram Seth's exquisitely written work 'An Equal Music' that I am completely glued to this past couple of days. It reads like a great musical piece, it flows, it is beautiful.

I think everyone who is half musically inclined must listen to some classical music, at least be familiar with the great works and be able to distinguish between them and recognize them when heard. It's not a snobbish thing to do, it is just getting a piece of heaven when you really sit down and tune your ears to fantastic notes. I have a few recommendations for those who might shy away, start with listening to Bach's Air suite No.3 in D Major (I know sounds terrifying but trust me your ears and your soul will thank me) for 'if music be the food of soul then play on.' Mozart's Symphony No.40 which you will certainly relate to as it is one of the most played pieces in the world. Then Vivaldi's Four Seasons is lovely as well. And certainly click on Vaughan William's 'The Lark Ascending.'

I believe this music is giving me new and fresh source of life, a kind of rejuvenation of soul and spirit, it is making me cross deserts and oceans, fly over mountains and meadows, peek through crags and cliffs, and breathe a deep and long breath full of freshness of morning dew...It is making think of love and how I love, it is making me think of all those who I value and how I value them, it is silencing the clutter and clamorous sounds of my brain and is transporting me to a higher plane of conciousness.

I am simply loving it. Beethoven's Silence is to absolutely die for, better than anything in this world :)

Comments