Journal entry No.12, 07/Mar/2012




We spend half our lives in it, sleeping, lazying, reading, relaxing and, yes, eating. Beds, I mean. And, bedsheets play a very crucial part in this whole drama, I love the feel of new, crisp, clean bedsheets spread on the bed, making it into a kind of kingly dais, sprinkled with tons of soft pillows and fantastic cushions. It exudes luxury, bohemian rhapsody, a kind of decadent charm, a hint of faded glamor.

I am a bed person, I think it's the most used piece of furniture in my house; gives away my life a rather too blatantly, OK, I admit, I'm rather a lazy person, well, not lazy as such, but inclined to a slower pace of life, and reading books makes up a very significant part of my life and getting lost in an interesting tome is done nowhere better than in bed!

Today me and Bina went sheets and duvet shopping, hence the diatribe on beds and all things bedroomy... she is as obsessed with good sheets or perhaps even more than I am. It was fantastic, coming home with armful of new bed wear Aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, total delight.

Some people have frightful rules about the beds in their homes, usually no eating in bed uffff! I think they are missing the point of living and having fun, those who can't eat in bed are in my estimation in serious need of therapy to chill and calm down, they need a lesson on how short life is, how transitory everything is and the only thing that matters is your own happiness, however, gained.

I am continuing with my exercise, which is the only thing I am doing at the moment I can be reasonably proud of. Seems life is on the mend and somewhere, somehow, a flicker is going on in the darkness and I am slowly walking towards it.

Comments