women = men




Why are girls raised with the false notion of men being their saviours? Why do women go through the motions of life looking, searching,and needing that saviour? Why is it that the saviour never arrives, he merely dissolves into an illusion a fog and evaporates as we traverse the latter portion of our lives?

I am a woman, and as a girl I was made to believe, and I can't really pinpoint by whom and exactly in what words, but the tacit agreement was there in the air all through out - that a man, who is perfect, who is loving, giving, big-hearted with his feelings, affectionate and responsible will somehow materialize from thin air and whisk me away in a land of flowers, of eternal spring, of constant dappling sunshine. Was I duped? Well to say the least YES! I was awaken to the harsh reality, to the rude realism, there is not only any saviour ever, there are merely wolves and vultures out there who are only ready to eat of our flesh.

Men don't rate very high on my scale of likes, in fact they don't even have a possible scale in my world. Here, I will be partial, and since its my life and my column I can be, my father, my son, my brother, my brother-in-laws don't count as men, they are a different breed, millions of DNAs away from the general male of the Pakistani descent. The average man is needy to a desperate extent himself for attention, for love, for allegiance from the female counterparts that giving for him is a foreign concept.

This makes for an uncomfortable tenacious situation - a bevy of needy women, desparate for men to love and cherish them, to make them their center of gravity, to elevate them, to admire them, to give them companionship - juxtaposed with a horde of self-centred egotistical men! who know nothing about a woman's needs, feelings, sensitivities and wants. What is then a woman supposed to do? Armed with a lifetime of fallacies what is she to do with the gruesome reality?

Is it then surprising to find a multitude of desperate women in this society? who are forever in their eternal quest for that vision? for that one man who would be the one and somehow, in some odd way speak to the dreams in her???

Comments