Changed????




Have I changed in the past few months? Have I changed in the way I look at life and consequently changed the way I live it? Have I changed my own perceptions about what constitutes happiness, peace, satisfaction and of course that elusive of all things -contentment. Am I a different person now than I was sometime back?

These are some of the unanswerable questions and queries that come in my mind. There is a certainly a certain shift in the rhythm of my life, something, somewhere has been shifted, turned, taken a round in the very universe that surrounds me with the result that the very air through which I see the world has changed. The air I inhale, the air I exhale - at every second of every hour of every day of every week on this planet has been now colored, tinted, quenched, with another foreign material in such a manner that what was is no more and what is was never before.

Have then I transmuted, transformed, translated into a form that I never had before?that is novel to me by its very definition i.e it's newness, its novelty? Am I now regressing to the person I was before the 'things' happened to? Am I then the passive recipient on which events have merely acted upon? or, am I that agent of change through which my seconds, my hours, my days and weeks have become what they were never before?

What then signifies change? to be what you were before? or to be someone you were never before?

Comments