AM I TRUE TO MYSELF?




And firstly what does that mean? I think what I want to ask is "Am I behaving the way I actually believe and think and as I say?" simply put, do my believes translate into action or are they just thoughts that have nothing to do with reality?

We all live in dual realities, we transverse different realms of being all the time without even realizing it. Our world of thoughts, ideas, our beliefs and values is the intangible realm in which we are immersed, in which our spirits and our souls exist. Then its the tangible world of space and time, of action and reaction, in which we are a player and an actor, in which our actions are manifested and their consequences take place. It is a world of visual stimulus, what we do exists separate from us, for others to see and comment on, our actions set off a chain reaction - a series of actions that are related to what and how we ave acted.

My question to myself is " are my actions (my seen life) in sync with my thoughts" and "am I in harmony with what and how I think and believe in?" That is the most significant thing to ask once we embark on a journey of self-improvement and self-discovery. We must try and find out the motivations of our own actions and the consequences of our actions as they are played out in the world. If I believe in forgiveness, I need to ask myself whether I have been able to truly forgive someone who may have done me wrong. This is very crucial, for we all have grandiose and morally correct beliefs that we adhere to or give lip-service to, we probably believe that we act out our belief system as well, but more than ever we are far away from what we think is the right way to act or behave. There is a serious disconnect between what we think we ought to believe and what we actually believe in and act according to.

How is it possible that we synchronize our thoughts and ideas with our actions? How do we actually forgive that person whom we think in our hearts we have forgiven but actually have not. How can we be in line with our thoughts so the dichotomy, the fissure, the fault-line in our personality is reduced to a minimum?

Comments