DEWANA HUA BADAL.....

Aur Zor Se DIL Jhooma.....is the sentiment of the hour, with the brazen sky of Karachi covered with pale grey blanket of rain laden clouds...the air is light, fresh with a hint of chill, the rain is fast and ripping the parched grounds and what were roads in the morning have suddenly changed into over flowing rivers of water gushing towards the sea...This afternoon, the city within a space of half an hour became a total different landscape - and water was everywhere - for the Gods were blessing the dry hot and muggy metropolis with heavenly mana!


And, what do I do in this madness? Venture out on a late lunch date! Not to say that it was the worst idea in say like the history of ideas, for the water on the roads reached up to to the car windows and the car was literally sailing instead of driving! The visibility reduced to a few feet, the winds howling, and lightening crackling the afternoon turning into a wet evening, all dark and foreboding. Sense prevailed and I turned back to the safety of the home and hearth and thank the GOD for bailing me out even though I kept tempting fate, as usual!

Meeting old friends, especially if you have ambivalent feelings about them is always a strain, not necessarily in a bad way, but nonetheless, questions arise within, and you ask yourself will the reacquaintance mean anything at all? or would it end badly? or perhaps it will just be all good?

There are such days in my life where I find myself meeting more people than I can handle. I somehow want to hold on to all the anchors that I can possibly manage, so I could keep afloat and not go under. Does that make any sense whatsoever? but then I've never been in the business of making sense anyway.

The house is coming together again, it's like I'm forever engaged in kind of a myth of Sisyphus, pushing the stone up the hill for it to roll back down all over again, how many times in the past few years, treacherous, burning, hellish years have I set up house only to have kicked and broken by winds of war and change, how many times have I just stood and seen my own beloved home burn down to the ashes - and yet again, like a phoenix, it rises again from the burnt carbon, black incinerated heap of hatred.

How many more turns do I have to traverse?

Comments