Stumble - Slip and FALL! ooopppsss!




I fell yesterday. A full-blown slip of the century, twice somersaulting, hugely imbalanced fall from the precipice right down to the floor - and on my face! What is it about falling that is so symbolic of the troughs and peaks of life, what is it about an awkward and most embarrassing slip that promotes heavy thinking and gets us debating within on life and life's issues.

I hurt my ankle slipping in the most strange way on glossy tiles at the Forum, a high end Mall, amidst a crowd of shoppers, had at least 3 bags in my hand and just failed to see the step in front of me and fell quite badly flat on the floor.

Somehow, falling, tripping, slipping, stumbling, is indicative of our minds and the state they are in - far-fetched an assertion, probably, but I believe so, it has happened so many times with me. When I am troubled by thoughts that keep swirling and winding through my brain, whenever I am upset about this or that, and in the event of my mind being possessed, I inevitably FALL. My fall becomes emblematic of the condition of my mind, it is a mere manifestation of the confused, convoluted and complicated state of my mind and soul. The imperfect step, the fateful slip, the tumbling of the body, the loss of balance, the vertigo, the confusion makes itself visible in the fall.

Is Falling, the beginning of the end as in the biblical sense, or is it a symbol of the necessity of gathering your courage to get up once again and face whatever comes your way with courage and fortitude? who is to know? for life and its nuances are tricky. Is my fall in full public view, then, a fall from grace? An actual physical representation of the fall from favor, fall from a safe and secure state to absolute desolation? Is this 'shame' a revelation, a revealing to all and sundry my inner most fears, my humiliations, the insults that were and still are thrown my way constantly? Is then, God still testing me, putting my inner and outer being on trail again and again? and for what purpose?

Or is this Fall an absolute fall into an endless, dark, abyss - a black-hole of depression, of settling into a place where even light becomes trapped, an absolute void! Am I now the inhabitant of that god-forsaken place where angels fear to tread? Am I now condemned as fallen, falling and completely lost?

What is the meaning of this fall, and so many other slips, trips? Am I prone to falling? Am I the damned? someone without redemption?

Comments

  1. You're a deep person with deep thinking. That's all. Don't over complicate your life thinking too much.

    Ignorance is bliss... well.. at least a combination of partial ignorance with knowledge is bliss I guess.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment