Angry Woman!!! Am I???





Lately, I have been accused of many things, and all not very flattering - to some people I am the epitome of selfishness, others feel I am too involved with the house and hearth, for yet others I am too officious and commanding in my manner and demeanor, and some souls blame me for being high-handed and domineering, and recently I am labeled as an Angry Woman!

Hmmm....., isn't it interesting how different people gauge you and judge you for being this way or that way, and yes, at times such slotting in pigeon holes is a necessary tool for the enormous amount of information we get at every given moment, at times it categorizes people in a hurry and gives them attributes that they may never have! I do this all the time, for I am quick to judge, give an opinion, make my assessment, and process people I meet instantaneously so that I can get to the real task of dealing with them! That's all very natural. But, when, one is too impatient to stereotype and make haste in pronouncing verdicts on another there are chances of things getting muddled up.

Angry woman? Am I? I'm trying to think (and that's always very hard,) when was the last time I was really very angry? Can't remember actually? I don't go around fighting with people, I have good and cordial relationship with most, nay, almost all of those I normally come across, so why the epithet? Is it because I am 'furious' at how WE, as in the Pakistani nation, are so servile, so dead in the soul, so insipid and so indifferent to all things that matter. Yes I am livid at our MEN, the Pakistani men, who have a lewd eye and a vacuous mind, and certainly I am cheesed off with empty-headed and stupid women of this country who have nothing better to do than bitch and complain about all things natural and artificial!

I am not angry at a particular person, but I am disturbed by the actions and responses of the people in general, the public at large, the inhabitants of my country - one that was wrested with a lot of trouble and tribulations.

My question to the people who accuse me of being angry at all times of the night and day is - why are you not fuming at our doings and misdoings every second! For let me present a simple and brief sketch of the Pakistan populace:

1. We are never shocked and moved by anything under the sun for exactly more than one revolution of the earth read 24 hours to be precise. Let the notorious 'them' kill Benazir in broad daylight, let them murder Shahnawaz outside his home while his sister is the Prime Minister, let them hack Hakim Saeed to pieces, and let them get Osama in a virtual attack of the American army, hell may itself come loose and plague us - we are only, I'm actually beginning to believe its a biological thing with us, concerned with 'it' for a day and a night. Come the 25th hour, we are fresh and renewed, all ready to go and get blasted by another stupendous jerk to our world and we'd react to it as though nothing of this magnitude has ever happened before - for precisely the next 24 hours!

2. We are 'xenophobic' to a massive extent. Everything that happens in our backyard and the front, is; hell! someone eles's fault! If we are blowing up our own country men in Masjids and Dargahs, and on the roadside, its because the Israeli government hates us and is wanting to finish us up! (for we are a gargantuan threat to them?! them - who have the whole United states Army behind them (hahahah.) Then we have our usual 'black sheep' close to us, India, arch enemy and target number 1. The whole reason of this huge country is to spite and belittle us, and a favorite word of the powers that be 'de-stabilize' Pakistan! what?? Can they actually do that? Aren't we de 'iesd' everything already?

3. And amidst all this cacophony, one hears the sounds of 'new-age wisdom' and modern-day SUFI resurgence!!! ufffff! every floozy has now become a Yogi, a Sufi, a Saint, a Pir, an Intellectual, and is giving 'life-altering' advise to every other person! Tobah...... now thanks to Internet all kinds of garbage is available to all sorts of soft and pudgy minds and what comes out is scary and worth getting angry over!!!! There is the ultimate intellectual question of today - 'errr, BTW have u read the Alchemist?' by Paulo Cohelo!!! ufffff!!!! uffff this gets me so riled up! it has become the new mantra of 'how best to live your life' or rather, 'how best to accept what is' for ---the whole universe is conspiring in making your dreams come true ------- all you have to do is follow your dreams ooohhh all mushy mushy and a good hour's worth of reading but please lets not run away with the idea and quote from it every two seconds and have Hindi films propounding the same theory (Om shanti Om) Besides, him we have Rumi, the man and his philosophy is seeing a resurgence as people are looking for solace in intangible things, so the idea of 'this too shall pass' and 'you cannot step in the same river twice' is filling my ears ad nauseam.

4. Then one gets angry at the small things that we are prone to, namely, road-rage, rudeness, especially, when you being a woman has opened a door in a public building, men (yes!) keep walking through!!! uff, absolutely no manners what to talk of charm and charisma. The epidemic of 'beggars-from-hell' that roam, no rule, the city signals and will descend on you like a plague of locusts either eulogizing your family, future kids and husbands or subtly cursing you for what you are.

So, what can a woman do? If not get a bit pissed off over the state of our people and situation we find ourselves in, and HELL if that bothers someone (usually men!) that a woman isn't all 'miss goody two shoes' at all times till kingdom come, and not waiting for a man to stop saying what he has to say before she is wagging her head in total agreement, if a woman can like and dislike as she wishes and as she wants and lives that life --------- If all this and that makes her angry, jarred and cross SOOOO BE IT!

Comments