I Love to EAT!




Food has become the love of my life. How weird is that? I love to have good food, served beautifully, presented nicely and with class. The food has to look good and taste even better. People may have their dreams, mine hover around food! I want delicious mouth watering fresh salads with colorful veggies all cut to perfection, I love to have wholesome hot and fresh bread of all kinds, garlic bread, french bread, whole wheat laden with butter. I want to have hot pizza oozing with melted cheese (thin crust please) and sandwiches with roast beef with rocket.

Desi food would do as well, but generally home cooked and easy on the spices. I can die for thinly cooked dal with white rice yum..., sabzi cooked fresh... my favorite is Steaks with mushroom sauce that I can make as well.

So what is with food and me? Being the analyzer that I am this obsession is too good to pass over, I want to know what is that I'm yearning for. I think its nurturing, it is an instinctive call to survival, in times of stress our bodies go into kind of a hibernation where they crave more food to store it as fat to use in times of need. It is also the urge to nourish your broken spirit and give it strength, and vigor. when you have battled tumultuous times, when you have crossed the seven seas, when you have stormed many forts and still survived to tell, your body is exhausted and malnourished. It is broken and depleted and it needs all the food that it can get. It is still in the fight/flight mode and hence tense, and ready for battle.

Am I still ready for battle? Am I still wearing an Armour? Am I still waiting for the enemy?

Comments