CAN I BE SOMEONE ELSE, PLEASE!




For a fraction of a second, for a few hours, maybe a few days I want to another person, I'm not sure who? could be a coffee grower in Bolivia, perhaps a business tycoon in New York, how about a socialite in Mumbai, perhaps, a writer in England, no, a professor of English in Oxford, or a child in China. The possibilities are endless, how exciting would that be, knowing that I am I, and be in the body and soul of another human!

To know the thoughts of another person would be a wonderful experience,to get into the mind of a separate entity, with a different gender, past, present, dreams, wishes would be to see the world from a whole new lens, whole new perspective. I want to know the thoughts of other people, why they do what they do, what motivates them, what aspires them, what makes them who they are, and maybe knowing that, I might come to understand myself a trifle better.

I'd love to be Cleopatra! my all time heroine and idol. Wouldn't mind being Churchill for a while, how about Mata Hari? what did these people think of every day, were their thoughts like ours, did they get flustered as we do? Did they feel what we feel? At times, I yearn to be a fictional character, Jane Eyre, Elizabeth Bennett top my list. Then, the authors, poets fascinate me. I want to be Shakespeare!! what wonders would I see then? How much would I know! the command over language! Artists, like Leonardo da Vinci, aaahhha what talent would I have at my disposal, what art, what image of reality of the world! I would be a party to the secrets of Mona Lisa and The Last Supper, I would know the spark of genius, the madness that comes with it, the insight!!!

At times, I think "I want to know", like Einstein famously said, "the mind of God, the rest are details" What and how does God, the omnipotent, the all-powerful think? if he/she thinks??

I want to be other than what I am, if only to know, who I am!

Comments