Comfortably Numb


In mindless stupor, languid, and blase about the concerns of mortals - is the state of being with me for past several years. One reaches a point or a milestone in life where 'what is' becomes if not completely lucid at least a bit clearer than before. I'm not professing to have solved the ultimate mystery we call life and its labyrinthine twists and turns, what I'm referring to is an inability to be taken by surprise by them. I feel numb, not indifferent, just not agitated by what goes on around me. I think my reactions to what happens has taken a back seat, or maybe I have reacted so much in the recent past that my mind and body have recoiled in a passive state. Thoughts block up, my judgments, my views, my feelings clog up, I have multitude of emotions whirling on the inside, yet on the whole I feel placid, calm, unmoved.

Comments