The Cinderella Complex



I'm being constantly asked about what it is?
As the name implies it is a deep desire to be Cinderella, to be saved from all the wrongs and misfortunes of this cruel world by a prince charming and live happily ever after, of course after disappearing into the sunset!!

Hold on! the feminists of today, and the 'take care of your own self' philosophy mongers, it's what I feel and hey I'm proud to admit it! There is no harm in being the 'damsel in distress' and wanting my 'knight' in shinning armor! And if he looks anything like Richard Gere in First Knight all the better! No, seriously is there anyone out there who can save me? any volunteers who can be my Prince??????


I'm hating the 'be responsible' and ' be an adult' rubbish right now, I don't want to 'do' I want to be taken care of, spoiled, fussed over, pampered, treated kindly, waited upon, admired. I want the world to stop for me and notice me. Is that asking for too much? I don't think so. Where are all the Prince charming of this god forsaken world or let's say this over populated country??? Isn't there one person in the multitude of 180 million????? who can rescue me from a life of drudgery!!! and beware you who are going to judge me! I want to be saved at this very moment.

I want a man who is loving, and let me explain loving. It refers to idolizing me, putting me on a pedestal, of thinking of nothing else apart from me, having the starry eyed look of indian heroes in love, who'd worship the ground I tread on. A man who doesn't want me to work around the house, nay, who believes as the 11th commandment that 'woman thou shalt not do any house work', and as a matter of sheer faith refuses to let me lift a finger! A man whose got purpose in life and 99.9% of his purpose is to keep me happy and pleased. A man who is not a pauper, listen all poor chaps need not look at this option here, so move over. Ya, a man who is filthy rich and doesn't care how much I spend on what, how, and where and on whom. A man who loves to go shopping with me, for me and when alone only for me. Essentially, a man who is loyal and faithful! all cheaters bugger off! you will never make the prince status so please don't bother. Only a man of high principles and values would do for my prince. A man who is soft and sensitive on the inside and definitely not macho on the outside. A man who doesn't want to be cajoled every two seconds and assured like every other Pakistani man of his greatness. A man sure of his own self who only wants my happiness!

A man who is respectful. A man who can respect a woman, who does not ever and I mean ever scream at me, or abuse, or does anything vicious. A man who loves children! no excuse me, a man who loves my child! who wants to pick and drop him from school, coach him in all subjects, get his home work done, and who wants to play with him.

A man who is there for all emergencies. Both real and imagined. Who is there for me when I need him and when I don't. A man who isn't busy with all other busyness of life, who has time and who takes the time out because that is what he'd rather do than anything else. An excellent cook he must be and it would give him immense pleasure to conjure up exotic mouth watering dishes for me. And, he'd clean up after himself!!

I want a Knight who'd shower me with lovely and beautiful gifts all the time whether there is an occasion or not. Who loves the look on my face when I get gifts and for that only spoils me rotten. My Knight must have the added and essential attribute of being a dragon-slayer..dragons of all shapes and sizes strating from the average household gecko to flame - throwing monstrosities that may keep me locked up in lonesome towers of ivory.

With this near impossible list I would first need a fairy God-mother. But, the princes out there better hurry before the fire-spitting dragon comes looking for me!!!!!!!!

Comments

Post a Comment