NOSTALGIA

I crave, I yearn, I wait, I desire, I wish, I hope, I need, I want. What for? U may rightly ask, and my answer would be, I know not. I know not what it is that I'm looking for, what is the urge, what is the urgent propellant force that makes me look perpetually in all odd directions.

It is a craving for something undefined, unintelligible to me, but how can one crave something that one has no knowledge of? So it must be a craving for something experienced in the past maybe in this life or some previous life. I know not. I am convinced that there is a time and a place that I was at in the past or maybe its in the future and for some strange reason I'm to return to that place, that feeling that nuance, that moment in space-time. It is that place that I must direct all my present and future actions towards, my inner compass must point towards that elusive nadir, that misty oasis.

I yearn for that place. It is both a physical entity, an actual place with all the necessary dimensions, and it is a mental state, it is past events all mixed up, the good ones, and the future destinations I want to be at. It is an amalgam of past and future, it is nostalgia for my childhood days and it is a yearning for the days to come. I feel lost in the present, either I want to return or else I want to go, there is no staying.

I wait for it to arrive to me. That point in time where I want to be. I wait all the time, at all times, for all times, for times gone by and times to come.

I desire to be immersed in the fragrance of lost days, the familiar smells of my past and I desire to live the scent of the future. I want to remember what I already have in my mind's eye and relive the days gone and I want to feel the fresh budding scents and flavors of the days to come yet.

I wish I can be there, wherever that secret place is and I hope to be there soon. I need to be there as that is the only place to be.

I want to search for lost time and reminisce in the remembrance of things past..........

Comments

  1. You will get there so not to worry.....very well written and so meaningful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment