Sir, Is this the way to Paradise?


I believe in Paradise. I believe in Spirits of the dead communicating with the living, at least, trying to; whether we have the sense and the sensibilities to attune ourselves to their messages is altogether another thing, but talk to us they do, and often. Civilization has severed us, it has mauled us, decapitated us, and left us dismembered, halved and crippled. We have lost touch with our primordial side, with our souls, with our instincts, the part of us that feels and senses, that has nothing to do with logic and reason but aligns itself wonderfully itself with it in the bright light of the day. What is it?

I have been like others looking for the way to that all elusive of places - Paradise. And, Sir, I ask of you today, if any one of you may know the way to it? NO? I figured as much, for not many of us do, we are all lost in a labyrinth looking for it, stumbling upon on ourselves again and again it seems. Why even look for it in the first place? I suppose because it promises eternal happiness, the impossible of all things, the ultimate oxymoron, for happiness is nothing if not fleeting and transient. If we remain happy for too long may we not get bored of the same thing? I don't quite know.

All I believe is that those, that have gone before me, and whom I love more than I love life itself are somewhere which I choose to call Paradise for a want of a better word, and for this reason alone all my happiness, hope and desires are linked and tied to that utopia, and come what may I must find my way there. I must get to that Eldorado. I must find that fool's paradise, I must be on the way to that Utopia!

And Sir, you might be my only chance, so would you kindly take me there? guide me? slay the dragons on the way and fight the gargoyles, slew the giants, trample the enemies, and vanquish the threats that may erupt and threaten my safety? Will you endanger your life for my sake? and transport me to that heaven where I must find myself before the end of certain time frame or else all hell will break loose, and furies will befall this earth and all that it holds.....

Sir, will you show me the way to Paradise?

Comments