Jealousy!!!




Even the angels, or more accurately one angel, wasn't immune to it. The Devil was simply jealous of Adam, the man made of dust whom the angels were asked to bow in front of. Jealousy is a strong and vile emotion. And poor women are thought to be more inclined to feeling it than men in our world (supposedly!)

I am talking here of jealousy in romantic relationships and marriage. Why are we so threatened by the presence of another woman or say a man in our paramour's life? What is it that makes one insecure? I have seen men (of the Pakistani variety of course) get excited and elated when their girlfriends get jealous over them, but be that same jealousy be exhibited (God forbid) by the man's poor wife she is labelled as a monster and a conniving suspecting witch!!! Why???? I think we all like to fussed over to a limit and not more than that, after that it becomes tedious and cumbersome. I for one have always found jealousy to be a difficult emotion to endure and accept, I'd rather not be jealous, if my husband or lover is up to no good then he isn't who I thought he was and the better it is to be rid of him than try and find out the reason of his cheating, men are just so not worth it, I'd just give up at the first sign!

I can understand denial, of not being able to come to terms with what one is feeling on being let down and betrayed, but, if someone is betraying you then the issue isn't just with the person it's the whole set up that's false, and from experience I can vouch that one can try and hold something together that is broken, but you can do that only for some time, eventually the cracks get bigger and bigger and finally the whole edifice collapses.

Jealousy isn't worth it's weight in gold. I say if anyone tries to make you jealous, the best thing is to tell them to take a hike, for it starts off with that always! The threats, the remarks, the casual hints of someone else! I say let there be someone else - please - for I am gone! One thing I never felt happy with before was jealousy and the sheer futility of it, the sheer wastefulness of the whole enterprise, and the one thing I would never want to ever feel again!

Comments