Rules of writing a daily dairy





This blog was meant to be kept as a daily journal or a diary of sorts where I was to unburden the events of the day in a kind of a cathartic way. But, like so many other things in my life the purpose of this also got muddled up, it just came to be a more personal blog and not a true record of daily going ons of my very mundane and monotonous life. So, now, as with so many other neglected aims and goals that I had set up for myself, I am making a fresh pledge to do just that - that is to try and write daily in this column of whatever the day brought about, and of how I felt, of who I met, and of why things went the way they did.

Am I scared of this? You bet I am. For we all like to live in this warped illusion of our lives somehow being important and played on a larger than life scale (or at least larger than the next person's), a maya which is bound to be burst into pieces once the daily ruminations of my puny existence are penned down. It will all become so real, the monotony of my days, the meagreness of my concerns, the absence of grand gestures and acts, the lack of mystery and elusiveness - all will be shown in relief and I will be completely exposed! It would be like baring myself in public!

Am I up to that? Perhaps not, but I can maybe make an attempt and in the sheer audacity and stubbornness of going ahead with the project prove my life a little worthier than I first thought!

Comments