reincarnation





The cyclical rhythm of dying and living, the reincarnation of one's soul into myriads of different forms in different times over eternity till one finds 'enlightenment' or oneness with the supreme being. Is it true? do we keep coming back as one thing or another life after life? Is this another way of saying that the sins of the father visit the son? I mean do we in any which way repeat the lives of our parents? do our lives in some way have a spiritual thread to our parent's lives? do we at times face the same tribulations as them, or worse than them? Is it that we are housing old souls in us? Am I confusing two separate concepts? Perhaps not, what I am saying is that maybe a line of our progeny, our own children may be in some way a reincarnation of ourselves and hence, we live the mistakes, or rather the punishments of our parents which in a way are our own lives lived earlier?

There have been studies of people under hypnosis of recalling an earlier lifetime, usually centuries ago - sort of freaks one out, and I am not stating for a minute that this is fact, all I am doing is thinking out loud.

Sometimes I feel, that my life is the most logical culmination of my parent's lives joined together, their challenges and problems have somehow magnified and become mine, their mistakes ( I dare say, have now come to haunt me) their views and decisions now take a toll on me. I am not blaming them for anything, all I am doing is trying to bridge that gap that artificially exists between a parent and a child, their experiences are somehow coming to life again with me.

How? One may very rightly posit this question. But, I would decline to answer. For in this lies deep secrets and painful memories, of lives lived and undone. Is my life then a mirror image of my parent's? and if so how do I proceed? Reality is tricky, what we think is out there in the three dimensional world exists only in the form of light patterns on the lens of our retina and how that light forms into different colors and shapes and how that is processed by our brains simply because it is used to processing certain sensations in a certain specified way,learned through millennia of our evolution. Are my parents alive in me, in my soul, are their struggles still waging wars in my bosom? is my mother still crying over what I am unable to cry about in this lifetime?

I would like to know. Is this why I feel I carry more than myself in me?

Comments