Journal entry No.2, 25/Feb/2012




Ufff!

I almost forgot! and that too on the very second day of my resolve of writing here every night - phew.... thank God I remembered, a little late, but nonetheless.

Today was a bit busy. But, I got a chance to chill in the morning and not be hurried. I lolled in bed (my favourite past time) for an hour and read about western and eastern concepts of women and sex and harems. After a relaxing breakfast in bed, a long drawn shower, I went to work.

Work entailed visiting a stream of furniture shops with my client. The morning was fresh and crisp with just the right amount of chill in the air, not too cold, nor too hot. The shops in Bukhari commercial area carrying home furniture are great and so many of them. My two topmost favs are Renaissance and Charcoal, for their excellent designs and very reasonable pricings. I absolutely love the stuff in there and had I pots of money I would have bought a lot from there :) So,in case you are looking for good pieces and even smaller accessories go and visit the places and you'd be wonderfully pleased, they are fun to browse in also if you are crazy about home and decorating like moi.

Good and beautifully decorated homes are like aphrodiaics to me, they transport me to a different level of pleasure, I love homes done up tastefully,ingeniously, with charm and character. It has less to do with money and more to do with the skill of letting your home speak volumes about you. Most of the time when we are decorating our homes we place more value on what others like and think and expect to see in our home, than what we like and would love to have. Hence, we have constipated dead houses on which a fortune or two may have been spent but which hardly make you miss a heartbeat.


Couple of hours in the bazaar was enough to make me ready for an afternoon nap. Lunch was a tete a tete' with bina over excellent desi dishes of which I partook quite a lot, ate more than I should have. This feast was followed by a nap, for musti was finally allowed to visit Iman's house today after a week of isolation and complete rest. At 5.40, I went for a walk and did four miles in 60 minutes. It felt so good, and still does so... I have put on so much weight in the past couple of years that I can hardly recognize my own body and my own self. I want to trim down... and have been finding it extremely hard to do both that is dieting and exercising! I have tried so many times in the past months to follow a healthy regimen of eating and working out but somehow or the other after a few days I let go and leave. Why have I become so complacent about my weight? Is it because I'm depressed that I am resorting to comfort eating or is it because I am so happy and relieved that finally I am eating as I should have been?

But, whether I eat more or less, the fact that I am walking and will continue to do so is great morale booster and the fresh greens and crisp breeze clears my mind. It stills it for the time, and while I am walking (again at my own pace) I am not thinking of anything else except the way my body is functioning, the air I am taking in and of course the time.

After the walk, I worked for another hour, and then settled down to reading...I'm now reading Ovid's Metamorphoses - an excellent compendium, Scheherazade goes West by Fatema Mernissi, my all time favourite Moroccan writer on Islam and society, and Huantings by Virginia Woolf. Read for about 5 hours! and then finally remembered about writing here. So now my task done, I am ready for bed.

Comments