My soulmate




Do we all have one? I think we do. A soul mate, a person who compliments you completely, who forms the other half of your spirit that somehow got separated at birth. It is that one person whom you might not even ever meet in your life who understands you and your inner being totally. It is a person to whom there exists a bridge which you need traverse, a bridge some have chosen to call 'across forever.' It is that one person whom you connect without even making an effort to do so.

I know I have this soul mate somewhere out there in the multitudes, or perhaps is not born yet, or maybe, with some twist of fate, has existed long before I came to be in this world - for this is one thing is certain, we each have a soul-mate, I believe in that, but whether we live simultaneously with it is altogether another thing. It's somehow sad, this being here in this world and not being able to connect with your soul-mate, or maybe missing him by a few centuries.

And let's assume that I have my soul mate living and breathing at the same time as me on this planet, what are the odds of us ever meeting? let alone speaking the same language, or bumping into each other amongst billions of people? And, even if by some chance we do speak the same language and share the same country, city, social circle, how is it that one may recognize that soul-mate? What are the tell-tale signs if any at all?

The odds are against us, yet the search is on....

Comments