Thank God for small mercies





I know I complain a little too much, I'm constantly on the roll of cribbing, moaning, and bullshitting about all that is so not right a) with me! and b) with the world (which is coincidentally everything under the sun!!!) Am I a tad tiresome? scratching on the nerves a little too often? pushing one a little too much a little too often? I am sure of this than anything else under the sun, but then what can I do?

Well for starters, I can thank Allah, the GOD that I believe in, for all that is right in my life. Firstly, my beautiful son, who is my life, my heart, my past, my present and certainly my future - for whom I want to be alive and living and making sense. Thank the Lord, for keeping my son in good health and safe! What with all the disasters going around about us its a true miracle that he is safe and sound and in good health and the more I bend to thank god for it the less it is.

I must thank and be grateful for my good health. For being to be able to think for myself, for being able to live on my own on my own terms. I have the freedom to think the way I want to, spend my time however my heart desires, do what I most want to do, read to my heart's content, write whenever the urge strikes, sleep when and I want, get up and eat and be however which way I want to be in absolute luxury of being your own master! Is that not the life of a princess? Or perhaps even better, for kings and queens are hardly their own masters, they must do a lot because of who they are - no such limitations for a woman as free as me.

I must Thank GOD for giving me the energy to be myself (not an easy task - very very hard) to be able to put up with the vicissitudes of my behaviour, of being able to cope with all the facets of what I am.

Comments