setting up HOUSE!




I absolutely love it. Adore the idea of making a home, putting things in order, decorating in an understated way, the whole process is so life-affirming, so healthy, so rejuvenating that a day of decorating puts me on a perpetual high! I love homes that speak of the owner, that are off the beaten track, that are whimsical, and a bit over the top. Rich, over-priced, impersonal spaces aren't for me, they don't do anything for me, I'm not turned on by seeing them - they are flat and mute.

I on the other hand love rooms that talk, that whisper, that tell of the person's history and his view of life, a room is a window in another person's soul, a peep into what is important to that person, what is his take on life, and how he/she enjoys it. I love to have a look in other people's homes, always wanting a peak as to their arena, their podium, their stages where life unfolds for them.

I love old things. I love a lot of stuff, no matter how much I try to be a minimalist, I end up having more stuff than I intend having! My home has to be full of things that have meaning to me, that speak to me. I must be in a space that is beautiful for me - and that means it provides the inspiration, the comfort, the stimulation that I need - to live, to breathe, to be myself.

Comments