wierd DREAMS?




I dream vividly. Lucidly. Clearly. As if that is real and on waking up my life a dream. I hate these deeply penetrating and virtual dreams, they kick in what is another dimension for me, another remote and far off reality, a kind of subversive existence, and then it all seems so true. I am someone else in these dreams, doing things that I may never do in my life, meeting and interacting with people I have never met or even seen in my life? It is all very unnerving. I don't like these long dreams or are their nightmares?

Always, in these visions I am someone else, another person, meeting with some people form this life but generally some other strange people, there is always some buying involved, either I am at a shop, usually buying groceries, or its someone else buying groceries. Then its about eating, gathering together large people and eating, sometimes its old houses which we have lived in once upon a time, again all gathered around a dining table eating with food laid out, lots of food. When I write about them they seem quite symbolic in a Freudian way - food, people, past houses - of course I am revisiting my past, enriching it somehow, making it better, or it could be about an innate and deep hunger - perhaps food is just a sign, a clue for needs of the soul and body - a deep-seated need to love, to be fulfilled, to be wanted, to be cherished and nurtured, cared for....

The time and place of the dreams is past, distant, maybe in the future, somehow removed from 'now' its either long gone or long in coming, and it is distant also in another way, in being another reality, as if somewhere in that dream I am aware of it being a dream - not totally but somehow a nuance. When I wake up, I feel weighed down by the burden of such travails, these heavy images. Is there sound in my dreams? I don't know, but yes, there is talk, there is always exchange of words.

Sometimes, I dream of such strange places and situations that I wonder where the ideas are coming in from? It is said that dreams are wish-fulfillment, we often dream of things we yearn and crave for, if that's true then what am I yearning for?

Comments