tired.......................





I'm exhausted, drained, wiped out - after a day on the town. It was a lot of fun, roaming around the shops and looking at things and occasionally buying. We are consumed by an urge to consume. We or should I say I? want to buy nice things - clothes, beautiful shoes, lovely bags, colognes, jewelery, make-up, and so many other things that it seems that my life revolves around buying and using. Is it just a wish to acquire that we buy stuff or is there an actual need of things I mean things in multiples?

But, at this point in time I am done being high and mighty and philosophical and all politically correct as to how not to buy excessively and how this fascination with 'having' is so not good for one's spiritual health. There comes a time in your life when all said and done, you are through with being 'right.' I mean you just want to let your hair down and do what ever your heart desires without weighing myriads of consequences. I mean I'm done with doing the right thing and being good, conscientious, believing in some higher values of truth and good and selfless living and giving! I want to be mean and selfish, obsessed with possessing and possessions, over-ridden with having more and more tangible material things, things that have no intrinsic value, but which take on an iconic value in society such as a beautifully stuffed house, gorgeous clothes, expensive designer accessories, fabulous uber fashionable clothes, and a lifestyle emanating the actions of the rich and famous to match.

I want to be - nay - I am superficial, very much so. The high moral ground can take a back seat! I want to 'want' all that is not to be wanted and desired, I confess to lusting after all that must be shunned and not lusted and yearned for, I want to be rich in money and rich in having things that make me look pretty and make me look at my life as being pretty, things that decorate my life, pretty, desirable, and fancy things!

Comments