YUk!!!




I saw the vilest of things today, my innards are ready to spill and I am trying to get that gross picture out of my mind, but try as I might, the damn thing keeps popping in every second! There was this wood worm, yukkkkkkkkkkkkk! vile and evil in color, deadly yellow, slimy and long, eating away at a wood settee, why? God why? am I confronted with all things hideous and repellent? And the people around me killing this monstrosity were actually pleased to discover this horrendous beast (though a few inches in length, but gazillions times repulsive.) So, of course the vibrant elated mood of the early part of the day came to an abrupt end and since the last couple of hours I feel sick to my stomach.

Went to the tailor to get my clothes hmmm, that's always an adventure, just don't know what to expect, at times he bullies me saying I am one of the preferred clients and my clothes are always made in a hurry and on time, at other times, like today, when my stuff is three days late I can give him hell, usually I'm pretty polite, but somehow was cross by that time (heat) and hated him for not giving my clothes.

Setting up house again (third or maybe the fourth time) is OK, not the pleasure that it used to be, but I am beginning to enjoy it now. Its somewhat coming together, I don't want it to have a 'decorated' look, I want it to feel as if it was like this forever, just spontaneous things thrown about that look good and are used and comfortable. I think its my age catching up with me, I want to evoke the yester years, maybe those that I was never a part of, a time lost and gone, I want my home to feel and exude comfort and of course style, but style that isn't pretentious or store bought.

So the hunt for all things used, old, broken continues, it gives me immense pleasure to find something tattered, with a history and which takes my fancy, it can be anything from old bottles to fabric to glass baubles anything really. AAhha I almost forgot to mention, I got some beautiful fabric to make place mats and cushions. Hmmm I want to make funky patch work cushions decorated with appliques and old buttons and ribbons, a kind of a story going on in each one.

I also want to paint an old side board like a distressed blackish brown and put it in the kitchen, or maybe a brighter color would do because the floor there is black?? need to think that over. Want to get some old rusted lights for the kitchen and the only place I feel I'll find them is Shershah and that would need some planning.

Mustafa, is playing cricket since 6 after swimming for an hour with friends, I hope to god he is enjoying. But honestly he is now getting to be a pain at times, what with ready back talking and curt remarks and tantrums. Ufff, I hate them so, I must say that usually I'm good with him but at times I fire him! he needs to learn to be a little less abrupt and show less attitude.

Kinda of tired now. A long day phew and still few more hours to go and hell the worm!! it doesn't go away! It is almost as if it has somehow lodged itself in my brain urrgh! yukkkkk! NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Comments