Sleepless in karachi




Its past three in the morning or is it the dead of the night and I can barely think right, despite the tossing and turning and shuffling to and fro, and endless trips to the bathroom, I somehow cannot fall asleep. And that too on such a night! when I have an early morning appointment the next day!

Well, since fate wants to flex her muscles at me tonight and laugh horrendously at my squirming I try to outwit the fiend goddess by deciding to pen down my oft experienced deliriums on a daily basis. I've had an unusual Sunday, spending it with someone I barely know and care even less to know, sounds mean? so be it... maybe that's what is keeping me from falling asleep, things and people when they come on too strong emanating an opposing energy drain me out completely. I'm not on some shamanic trip, not trying to zen-ify everything but it has happened to me before as well, people and events for which I have not planned or thought of, anything that descends on me like an unwanted storm and catches me unawares disturbs my being, my scheme of things, and once disjointed with a shove and push my fragile world takes a while back to come back on its keel like a bashed ship in high storm.

Another series of blasts at the mehran PAF base in Karachi, hmmmm, and a rejoinder by the PM that all efforts must be made to save lives? Huh? as if this isn't a given, why do leaders who don't know their heads from their assess state the very obvious making it sound like the much sought after wisdom of the sages. PAF is the main base for Pakistan Air force with its fleet parked there, it also houses residences of officers I believe. Of course it must be heavily guarded. But, the utter and obscure shame of the terrorists entering the bastion not by some ingenious plan, no, they simply jumped wall! WHAT??? yes that was my reaction when I heard this news bit on TV, I don't know if this is true as that was initial reports coming in and I have only a limited amount of patience with the idiot box. Can one even begin to think of the sheer absurdity of this claim? and what if it is the actual route taken by the militants? UFF then my only response would be that the PAF and the government both deserved it! Of course not the people who might have died and been injured, but the responsibility will lie solely upon the armed forces. What do they do right if they do anything ever besides squandering the wealth of the nation? I mean if they can't defend themselves in the middle of a residential area in their own country then they must resign en-mass and the government should disband this confederacy of the dunces ASAP!

Comments