Restlessness - don't come hither




Restlessness, worry, anxiety, turbulent thoughts, ayes and nays, this or that, either/or, all polarized states, please spare me

I want peace, I want monotony, I want a life of habit, I want days of simplicity. The restless thoughts that pierce the heart, that rend the bosom, that sear the soul I beg you, do not come hither, and do not disturb me. For as long as I can remember, I have endured your perpetual visits, have entertained you at all hours of the day and night, now I am done, done with you, so please turn and take another path for this one has been taken a little too often.

The impossibility of sleep in the dead hours of the night, the improbability of serenity at some odd minute of the day, all escaped me. I was a haunted demon, an unhappy, disconsolate, agonized soul forever burning in doubt and pain of betrayal, hanging for life above the chasm of truth and lies, fighting for sheer breath on the precipice of despair. Now, let me go and never, come my way.

I want to be set free of the prison of restlessness, where every posture, every position, every angle, every thought, every figment, every wish, every memory is suicidal pain. I want to be away from anguish, from uncertain certainties, from dread of knowing how bad it all is, from the hopelessness of the situation, from the tragedy of it all, from the wastefulness of a life spent together!

Spare me GOD!

Comments