meditations............(iv) On Madness




I am mad. If sanity is represented by majority in this pure land, I'd rather be mad a hundred times over. Madness is freedom, in other words you can say what you want without the usual censure, people just disregard you, perhaps feel sorry for you and for all your twisted ideas.

I am mad. If being normal means killing each other because of where you were born, or for what you believe in, or for material gain.

I am mad. If rationality means deceiving people close to you, spinning yarns, betraying, abandoning and blaming others for no fault of theirs. I'd rather be a lunatic if being sensible means hurting other people and harming them.

I am mad. Because, sanity, normality, rationality all means adhering to dogma, bigotry, racism, hatred, hypocrisy, affectation, materialism.

Comments