don't hurt me again




please.

When all is said and done, when things are all done, when time has healed the gaping wounds, when memory has faded the insults, the anger, the hatred, the malignant abuses, when through the looking glass all looks inversed and not so bad, when love somehow kindles amongst the ashes of vengeance, when life lost seems better than life being lived, one might waver, one might quiver!

BUT THE LORD OF ALL LORDS, keep me from being hurt again. A lofty prayer that is indeed, and a hundred times chanted by the down and trodden. God!, never let me cross those dark labyrinthine paths again, never again leave me at the mercy of the devil himself, never forsake me to the satanic machinations of the lord of the underworld.

For, I am done hurting in this life. If I have another, lets open our accounts yet again there, but for this life I have paid my dues. I have paid my penance, I have nothing more to give. When Gods forsake you, when light gives way to blackness, when all that is good in life turns sour, when lightening strikes you again and again and you are swept by the deluge, flung far and away, up and down, hither and tither, when nerves are wracked, and senses numbed, when pain crosses threshold - all I have endured, now let me go and NEVER HURT ME AGAIN

Comments