DON'T KNOW SQUARED - IT'S WHAT YOU DON'T KNOW YOU DON'T KNOW!





Really! think about it. All the things we don't know, coupled with the fact that we don't know we don't know them in the first place!!!! Ya it's a bit of a tongue twister that one is! but, more than that it inverts our perception of what is known and knowable. We can feel all happy and smug about leaps and advancement in what we know about ourselves, the environment, this world, its beginning and the universe. Yet, there is so much which is not open to us, its all hidden and we will never be able to know it, because we have no clue what it is and whether there is something which is to be known.

Even in our day to day life, we assume so much, we think we are aware of what we want and how should we go about in getting it. We believe we can plan our lives and its events, we feel all complacent and comfortable making long term plans of what to do when and how and where and with whom. Nothing could be farther from the reality of how life really unfolds. We think we know whatever we need to know in order to make informed and intelligent decisions, though there may be hundreds of things we may never consider in making those decisions simply because its don't know squared! so much for our control and our plans! If somethings are within our power then there are many that are beyond it, and then there are millions that are in the don't know squared category.

I'm nervous and jittery about the unknown unknown! its baffles me, it make me go weak in the knees and I can feel my hand moving towards a support to keep me from reeling over. I want to be sure of things. I want to believe that I know all there is know for me, that there aren't any grey and shady areas that are beyond me and will stay there forever. At times I'm convinced of getting the key to all knowledge on death. it somehow seems plausible that death of this existence will unlock the mysteries of this and many other worlds, somehow to me death represents a transition to a higher form of knowing. why I feel that I don't know, but like so many of the things I and we all don't know but somehow believe to be so.

Did what I just write make any sense? or is it just another don't know squared!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments