When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.





But, and this is a huge but, it is so difficult to let go and be our true selves! We are forever engaged in spinning yarns about ourselves, we continuously create and build walls of images, persona, a personality for ourselves, its seems as though humans are comfortable with distance, with veils, with gossamer curtains between themselves and the outside alien and probably a scary threatening world.

I wonder, at times, what would happen if I take off the masks, the multitude faces, the multifarious images I have super imposed on myself? When the curtain drops who would emerge? that with years of hiding behind walls, behind false facades what will come out? I think it would be the real me, as it would be with any other person. A real being would appear from behind the crevasses and the creases. It might just be the person we are trying all along very hard to be?

If I let go of fears, of masks, of games, I would be, just be as myself without any specific definitions, views and opinions! That would be liberating, life enhancing and invigorating!!!. the fact that I can exist without the burden of false faces and false notions that bear hard on me, that tire me out, whose roles have been past playing and who have lost their relevance. I want the old and crusty skin to fall off me so a newer, healthier me would be!

Comments