I want to meet a Dinosaur!


You may think me mad. But, I want to meet a real live dinosaur. Long before the "Jurassic Park' movies made large lizards a household pet, I nursed a thing for them. I was simply smitten by their mystery. What were these humongous beings? how did they live, what was it to actually hear and behold one and so on and so forth. A lot of my answers were answered by Micheal Crichton's novels and of course the movies. Still, they did nit extinguish my urge to meet them in person!

Please don't confuse me with your average nature lover, I'm hardly that, in fact far from it, and my penultimate fear comes in the form of yes! you guessed it, the grotesque, repulsive, give me the creeps from hell, hating that thing mode, your regular gecko!!! that very sallow, beady eyed monstrosity that is found hugging the walls of this pure land! YUK!!!

Despite acute hatred of all things lizardy in the present time, I love dinosaurs. Isn't that as bizarre as it gets? I want to know how it would feel to actually see one, what would his eyes say to me (apart from 'i want to eat you') Can u imagine if dinosaurs existed today? If there was a possibility of them attacking at any given time? of an actual scene coming to life from the aforementioned films! I, for one, think life would be far more exciting and adventurous if we lived with the constant threat. We would for sure love and care for each other more in the face of clear and present danger. And I'm quite sure that the fight or flight instinct that festers in us unused and unspent would find legal and logical release. Fighting the dinosaurs would be a full time job, countries would build armies not to fight other countries but to kill these massive beasts. Death would be more a certainty, and living long a mere chance. The ever present face of death would make us value life far more than we do today where death is somehow hidden in the far off future. The world would certainly sound different with huge bellows and nightmarish howls and growls of the beasts. Their walking would make thudding sound of several road rollers in a row, screeches that pierce the heart would fill up the sky and life would be anything but dull.

Apart from the bad press receiving and much maligned T Rex there would be softer kinds, the one with necks who only live on plants. They have an innocence about them, if ever in all of geological time I ever want to keep a pet it would be these adorable creatures of bygone era.

I feel cheated by nature, why did we have to come about after all the excitement is over! I want to meet a dinosaur!!

Comments