Have FUN????

This is one advice I cannot comprehend!!! What does this mean? Why don't people who give this heartfelt advice elaborate and tell me the big H... that is HOW????? It is so pathetic, so trite and so tiresome to tell someone to have fun in life, enjoy because soon you'l get old and then you'l die.

Fun is an abused word now. It has lost its charm, its significance. Fun in our society does not mean that you are actually doing what you feel like and enjoying it no no no that isn't good enough or should I say 'fun'. It is apparently being seen doing what everyone else thinks is fun Get it? How twisted is that? If I tell someone that reading a good book is fun for me they start to feel sorry for me I become 'tragedy' personified! because hey! how can reading and that too a book can be fun!!!! Ok another one, what if being by myself is fun for me, nopes, that too doesn't make the mark. It has to be socially approved, stamped, and sealed for 'it' to be fun. And now the best part all the activities defined as fun are usually cumbersome and not really liked but they are pursued in pursuit of happiness, that elusive of all Gods!

So people please please understand once and for all that I am having all the fun I want! my style and my way!!!!

Comments