Anger management


A friend told me the other night that my writings reveal unresolved 'anger'. Anger? Do I have 'anger issues'? I really don't know. I believe I have a right to be angry, No No No. I must and should be not only angry but furious at life and people and turn of events. I should "trouble deaf heaven with my bootless cries" and "desire that man's art and this man's scope". I should seek revenge on people responsible for bringing me undue pain and anguish. Every word that comes out of my mouth must spew venom on those vile and evil souls who have maligned me. I should doubly curse the monsters of my life and petition God for their bodies and souls to burn in this world and the hereafter. I must practice the 'black arts' to bring doom upon the enemy, and I must brew hideous foul smelling potions to deprive them of sense and sensibility. I must wage war! War on my foes! it will be! and nothing short of that.

My friend, I'm not angry. I'm just a "woman scorned" and as the saying goes "hell hath no fury than a woman scorned." Yes, I'm humiliated beyond humiliation, I'm shamed beyond shame. I'm not just angry I'm irascible, bitter, enraged, chafed, maddened, furious, irritated, resentful, sore, vexed, wrathful and turbulent!!!

So let the demons of my incensed rage fly out and smother my enemies. Let my bewailing pierce their calm existence. I hope my nettled and tempestuous cries drive them insane. I am angry. Simply, perhaps because I have reason to be?

Comments