Trust?

Trust is a word I don't subscribe to. It is a feeling a principle a value that has no meaning for me now in my life. Call me bitter, call me cynical and I wouldn't care less for I have been called worse - but trust in one over-used, rather much abused, slandered and thrown about word in the relationships of today. We all have laurels to say about it, we can go on and on about what it means and how important it is in every relationship especially an intimate one knowing very well that it is in those very relationships it is missing the most! we want our boy friends and husbands to 'trust' us mostly translating it into, or confusing and mixing it up with fidelity and loyalty - sexual and emotional. But it is here that it its most absent. Husbands tend to distrust their wives, trying to control them and giving that control and possessiveness the name of caring and love. It is only insecurity, it is only a fear that they mask by trying to curtail the freedom of the other. Wives constantly checking on their husbands, trying to keep a tab on them, spying, all amounts to the same thing. I tell you if one thing that cannot be developed or produced between two people it is trust, it is an instinctive feeling. You know from day one who you can or cannot trust. It is either there or just simply absent, you cannot convince yourself of how trustworthy the other person is in the matters of heart. Our world is what we experience. My experience has taught me one thing - men lie and cheat and no matter what, they must never be trusted with your feelings, hence never give them your true love. Lie about it if you have to, act it out, feign it and fake it, but don't! from your soul love them :) In the end it's just so much easier and you can always move on without looking back for even a second!!!

Comments