Loneliness of the heart


Human beings are strange. They baffle me. On the outside we are a certain way, have a persona, a certain set of character traits, a uniqueness or what ever you may want to call it which sets us apart from others. When other people make statements like 'I know you inside out' or 'I know that person deeply' what does that really mean? We can only know what's on the outside, what's evident backed by actions that corroborate those statements. Beyond that we know next to nothing. The other person is then as a dark cave, or the series of tunnels under the city of Paris built sometime in the Middle ages to escape sieges and which are known to be labyrinths no one can actually come out of other than those who knew their way out at that time. They are mazes without an exit. That is how I see other people. Maybe to some it may seem a rather cynical and morbid view of things, but I honestly cannot tell what other people are thinking on the inside... I can never quite get their motives, their agendas, their purposes. I take people for what they seem to me, if they seem nice I think then from the heart they are nice. But is that normally the case. NO! If someone says he/she would do this I believe him/her, do they always do that? NO! Now, I am not trying to portray myself as a gullible innocent lamb who can be shooed every which way others want - or is that the real me? Am I in casting this role for myself to confuse you and hide from you the real me that you don't and won't ever know anyway? Are we so scared of being discovered, of being bared to the bone to another that we hide behind visible and invisible layers, we are not open to the idea of revealing the loneliness of the heart that has a solid place in all our hearts, or so I believe. There is a spot somewhere in us, lets call it our hearts for it is related to our emotional side more, where we find ourselves totally alone - where no other can have access to, as though all the passages to it have been sealed after it was made. It is a dark lonely place for we face our own selves there and cannot really see even that due to the dingy light. Everything is fused, foggy and mulled, its like seeing your self in a mirror that is all fogged up. Basically, we are all alone. Lonely in the heart, trying desperately to make a connection which may somewhat clear up the mist and reveal our own face to us. But - is that even possible?

Comments