Sunday Bazar!





is a fun place to go, my favorite haunt on lazy Sundays, but today, I spent a good part of my evening there with a good friend all lost in buying, purchasing, acquiring and gathering aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaa there is this bliss, this fulfillment, this giving in to a latent desire, when I am surrounded by so much stuff and things and objects that I would like to look over, touch, feel and assess whether I need them or not in the first place. I think it has to do with our gathering and hunting days of million years in the past, the gathering of tangible objects that we believe we need, want, will need to survive, to basically be, it is that urge of our primal years to make sure we will not be needy or dependent or somehow the worse for not being readily prepared for all eventualities.

How else can I explain buying three suits of the same cotton fabric? or 5 white tee shirts or 3 tights? just don't make sense does it na? unless, of course I am foreseeing some disaster in the next 6 days of huge proportion which will make it impossible for me ever to come to another such bazar and buy another one of those things! The thing is we are gatherers and collectors by nature, we like to collect things that to us are useful, pretty and give us some inexplicable pleasure, it may be a shell on the seashore worth nothing that we'd like to keep and bring home, or for that matter a nice dress or a suit that we believe would make us feel beautiful and complete, or a piece of decoration that has no other utility than to look agreeable and take up some space. We all like to surround ourselves with object and things that speak to others about us, for us, they make us into who we are, and become our tags, our identity, they speak for us. My insistence on white shirts, and no fuss simple white tee shirts says what I want to say about myself to others and also more importantly make me feel the way I want to feel.

So today's buying spree, an orgiastic indulgence in all things material has been very exciting and thoroughly satisfying! sometime we must give in to our wild wants and not look back or think much of them for that would ruin the whole purpose!!!!

Comments