"ZOR KA JHATKA"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


LAGA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I'm still reeling! Ya from the 7.3 rocker the other night. Hey, the sofa that I was perching on started to rock like a swing, and I for a minute thought I'm having vertigo or rather, nothing, just being my normal delusional self. But, the swinging wouldn't stop and as I began to search the room for other clues with my eyes all I saw was a world in motion. The walls were liquid like waves, slowly swaying, the fan blades rocking against the ceiling, and I was rooted to the sofa!!!

After the jhatka was over all I could do was ponder as to where did my fight or flight instinct was at the time? Why didn't I pick up my sleeping baby and ran out the door to the garden, why didn't I get up from the position I was in, why didn't I move a finger? I was frozen to the spot. And analysts out there I'm sure you can find a million reasons for my behavior, but I'm baffled. It was exactly the same sensation as in dreams, when you want to run away from doom and danger and your legs fail you!

And this got me thinking, and we all know that is never good, anyway, I came to the conclusion that why be so fearful of the one minute earthquake when life in Pakistan in 2011 is a series of "zor ka jhatkas". We get one or two earthquakes every day or so in forms of bombs exploding literally, people being killed, blasphemy law bills being withdrawn from the assembly, the rumors of the amorous President getting married, maulvis getting an edge, and a nation regressing in front of our very own eyes while we are glued to one spot like a statue unable to do anything!

Pakistan is on fault line I'm told, and there is another fault line running across the soul of this nation. We are coming apart, we are cracking up in all sense of the word. And "zor ke jhatkay" are making life intolerable for us. Price hikes, hoarding of essential items, no power, no gas, no water, no security of life and liberty, no clout of the government, no credibility of courts, no rule of law, no leader of vision and ability, and no direction at all. We are living in a series of shocks and aftershocks, and most of us once we shut our doors leave this dangerous rocking world outside, trying to insulate ourselves to all the "Zor ke jhatkays"!

Comments